Guidance Counselor and Teacher Day for Computer Science
Are you a teacher, guidance counselor or school administrator who works with high school girls that are good in math and science?
Do you want to encourage them to learn about opportunities in engineering and computer science but you're not quite sure how?
Then you should come to:
GUIDANCE COUNSELOR and TEACHER DAY to encourage Women in Computer Science
Friday, November 22, 2013
Join us to learn about engineering and computer science and how you can encourage your students to be the engineering students of the future! Workshops include what is engineering, career opportunities, admissions requirements, curriculum and how we can help your students right now.
- 8:30-9am Breakfast and Registration
- 9-10am Welcome and What is Engineering
- 10-10:15am BREAK
- 10:15-11:15am Choose a session:
- Admissions Requirements - What are admissions officers looking for in applications? How can you be the best advocate for your students?
- Scratch Demonstration - Scratch is a user-friendly programming environment designed specifically for young students to get familiar with basic programming concepts. Participate in a demo and learn how you might be able to incorporate it into your classroom
- 11:15-12:15pm Tours of Engineering Labs
- 12:15-1pm Lunch with students
- 1-2pm Women in Engineering Student Panel
- 2-2:30pm Dessert Reception
Questions? Contact Michaile E. Rainey, Director of the Advancing Women in Engineering Program at 215-573-6487 or firstname.lastname@example.org