Moving Mail from SEAS Email to Gmail@SEAS using Thunderbird
This article assumes you already have a Google@SEAS account and Thunderbird installed. Thunderbird is available in the CETS managed computer labs if you do not have it installed on your computer.
- Make sure you have your SEAS Email account set up in Thunderbird.
- Set up a second account in Thunderbird for your Gmail@SEAS account.
- Once you have both accounts set up, you will see two accounts in your Thunderbird sidebar. They will both display your SEAS email address, but the one with a subfolder called "[Gmail]" is your Gmail@SEAS account.
- Move email by dragging and dropping emails or whole folders from your SEAS email to your Gmail@SEAS account. Hold down the "Ctrl" key on your keyboard to copy email rather than moving it. Drag folders onto the "[Gmail]" folder.
- Once you have copied over your email, you can remove either or both accounts by going to the Tools menu, and selecting Account Settings...
Please contact email@example.com if you have any questions about this article.