How to check your Google@SEAS with Thunderbird
This articles assumes you already have the latest version of Thunderbird installed. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you need help installing Thunderbird.
- If you have 2-step verification on your Google@SEAS account enabled, please disable that first.
- Turn on/enable "less secure apps":
- Logon to your Google@SEAS account using a web browser
- Once logged on, go to https://myaccount.google.com/
- In the "Sign-in & security" column, click on "Connected apps & sites"
- Turn on "Allow less secure apps"
- Enable IMAP on your Google@SEAS account.
- Open Thunderbird.
- Click the Tools menu, and select Account Settings...
- Select Add Mail Account... from the drop-down list located under the account list on the left.
- In the "Mail Account Setup" window that opens, enter your name, SEAS email address, and Google@SEAS password. Click Continue.
- Thunderbird will try to auto detect the correct settings, but will fail. Use the settings below (replaces the username with your SEAS email address) and then click Create Account.
- Your Google@SEAS account will now be available in Thunderbird.
Please contact email@example.com if you have any questions about this article.