iPhone Security Tips
These tips were written with the assumption you are using firmware 2.0 or newer.
How do I clear private data from Safari?
As with most browsers, the iPhone version of Safari stores temporary internet files, cookies, and browsing history. This could include private information that could be extracted if your phone was lost or stolen. Here is how to clear those settings:
- From your dashboard, click on Settings and then click on the Safari button.
- Scroll down until you see the buttons Clear History, Clear Cookies, and Clear Cache.Click on any or all of the items you want to clear.
- Click the confirmation button the clear the data.
How do I password protect my iPhone?
The iPhone passcode lock will deter people from viewing your private data, but will not protect your data from a determined hacker.
- From your dashboard, click on Settings and then click on the General button.
- Click the Passcode Lock button.
- Enter a four-digit passcode.
Have a tip suggestion? Let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.