iPhone Mail Configuration
- Launch iPhone mail using the Mail button on your home screen.
- The "Welcome to Mail" New Account dialog box will appear. Select Other.
- The New Account configuration screen will appear. Type in the appropriate information and click Save.
Name: Your full name
Address: Your SEAS email address, for example, email@example.com
Password: Your SEAS account password
Description: Defaults to your email address - you can change it if you want
- The next page of the account configuration wizard will come up. Type in the appropriate information and click Save.
Incoming Mail Server
Host Name: Type in username.mail.seas.upenn.edu (where username is your SEAS username)
Username: Your SEAS username
Password: Your SEAS account password (should be automatically filled in)
Outgoing Mail Server
Host Name: smtp.seas.upenn.edu
Username: Your SEAS username (not optional)
Password: Your SEAS account password (not optional)
- Your account should be all set up. Send yourself a test message, and check for new messages. If you do not receive the test message, use webmail and send email to CETS explaining the problem and any error messages you have received.
Additional Information / Troubleshooting
If you've created mail folders previously, you'll need to change an additional setting: Go to Settings > Mail > Account > Advanced > IMAP Path Prefix and put in ~/Mail/.
If you are having trouble connecting:
- Verify that SSL is turned on.
- Verify that your authentication is set to password and not MD5 callenge response.
- Try using port 465 or 578.
Additional information about using the iPhone at SEAS is available in the iPhone Tips article.