How do I view email messages that have been moved to another folder?
Messages can be delivered directly into folders (eg, spam into spamfolder), or they can be moved into a folder by the user. CETS will move older messages into a folder to keep your inbox a manageable size and to keep our email service running smoothly.
To read email messages that are stored in folders:
- Point your browser to https://webmail.seas.upenn.edu
- Logon to webmail using your SEAS username and password.
- Once you are logged on, you will see your folders listed on the left-hand side of the page.
- Click on the folder that you want to read, and it will automatically open. It will take a few seconds, so please be patient while it is loading.
- To logout, click on the "Logout" icon at the top of the page.
You can also read mail folders using any IMAP mail client, such as Thunderbird.
Note: If you are having trouble with viewing other folders, it may be because you have subscriptions turned on. Here is how to turn them off:
- Login to Webmail.
- Click on "Options" on the left-hand menu.
- Then click on "Server and folder information".
- Then *un*check the box "Use IMAP folder subscriptions".
- Click "Save options".
- Logoff Webmail.