Tips for Teaching Remotely
Ways to Contact Your Class
- Use your course mailing list. This list is of the form CIS110-001-12C@lists.upenn.edu. Replace "CIS110" with your course ID, replace "001" with your course section, and replace "12C" with the current semester. 12A corresponds to the spring 2012 semester, 12B corresponds to the summer 2012 term, and 12C corresponds to the fall 2012 semester.
Record Audio in PowerPoint
If you are unable to attend your class in person, recording audio over your PowerPoint slides is an effective and easy way to provide a lecture to your students.
- Record the audio of your lecture in your PowerPoint slides using the instructions for your version of PowerPoint:
PowerPoint 2010 for Windows
PowerPoint 2007 for Windows
PowerPoint 2011 for Mac
PowerPoint 2008 for Mac
Note: if you go back to a previous slide, your original recording for that slide will be overwritten.
- Upload your annotated PowerPoint file to your Blackboard site.
Useful Blackboard Tools
- Your students can submit assignments via Blackboard using the Assignments Tool.
- You can create online tests using the Tests Tool.
- The Discussion Board allows students, faculty, and TAs to interact in an online discussion forum.
- The Groups Tool can be used to help student groups collaborate.
If you have any questions about any of the tools above, please contact email@example.com.