2014 Graduation Ceremony Information
Information for students participating in the Penn Engineering Ceremonies will be available online by the end of April. In addition, students who are graduating will receive an email announcement regarding participation in the Penn Engineering Ceremonies.
How do I order regalia?
You may purchase Academic Regalia in the University Bookstore, over the phone at 215-898-7595 or by faxing the appropriate form (undergraduate | graduate) to 215-898-6997.
Students participating in SEAS Ceremonies are required to line-up at the following times:
Thursday, MAY 15th - 2:30 p.m. for the Ph.D. Ceremony - Warden Garden entrance to the Penn Museum
Saturday, MAY 17th - 1:45 p.m. for the Masters Ceremony - North Concourse of Franklin Field
Monday, MAY 19th - 1:45 p.m. for the Undergraduate Ceremony - North Concourse of Franklin Field
Procedures for Undergraduate Graduation Ceremony
1. At 1:45 PM graduates proceed to the north concourse of the Franklin Field (Enter through Gate 1). Please be prompt! If you arrive late you may not be able to participate!
2. All graduates MUST check-in.
3. You will be given a name card *specific to you* at the check-in table.
4. HOLD ON TO YOUR NAME CARD and proceed to your department's processional staging area where you will form a single alpha line. (NAME CARDS WILL BE COLLECTED as you enter your row for seating.)
5. The procession will begin promptly at 2:30 p.m.
6. When the ceremony begins, the Marshal will ask each row to stand when appropriate.
7. Your name will be announced as you walk across the stage and a photograph with the Dean will be taken. It is at this point, if you provided a message via MarchingOrder, it will appear on the optiscreen.
8. After your name has been announced and you leave the stage, you will be directed to return to your seat.
9. When the ceremony ends, the faculty will recess and graduates will be dismissed.
Thank you for your cooperation.