2016 Graduation Ceremony Information
Information for students participating in the Penn Engineering Ceremonies will be available online by the end of April. In addition, students who are graduating will receive an email announcement regarding participation in the Penn Engineering Ceremonies.
Cap and Gown Information
Academic regalia is required for degree candidates at Commencement. All candidates who do not possess regalia must obtain their regalia from the Penn Bookstore, located at 36th and Walnut Streets. Detailed information is available on the Penn Bookstore website.
Bachelor and Masters Degree Candidates:
From March 16 through March 18, 2016, graduating students can purchase and receive their Commencement regalia at the Penn Bookstore during the Graduation Fair. Please visit the textbook department on the second level of the store where you will have the opportunity to talk with sales representatives. UPDATE: If you were uable to obtain regalia at the Graduation Fair, you can go to the Bookstore anytime until May 15 to purchase regalia.
Doctoral Degree Candidates:
Please visit the Penn Bookstore, second floor events area, from March 16 through March 18, 2016 to order your rental regalia or discuss custom regalia purchasing options during the Graduation Fair. It is important that you place your order during this period to allow sufficient time for delivery before the Commencement ceremony. Regalia will be available for pick-up on the second level of the Penn Bookstore from May 11 through May 15 from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. Regalia must be returned to the Bookstore by 12 noon Tuesday, May 17, 2016.
Those Unable to Order Regalia at the Graduation Fair:
If you are a Doctoral Degree candidate unable to go to the Penn Bookstore, you may order regalia with a credit card by calling (215) 898-7595 through March 18. Bachelor and Masters Degree candidates can go to the Bookstore anytime until May 15 to purchase regalia.
Students participating in Penn Engineering Ceremonies are required to assemble for line-up at the following times:
Thursday, MAY 12th - 2:30 p.m. for the Ph.D. Ceremony - report to the main entrance of Irvine Auditorium (corner of 34th and Spruce Streets)
Saturday, MAY 14th - 1:30 p.m. for the Masters Ceremony - North Concourse of Franklin Field (North Councourse is the side closest to the Palestra, report to Gate 1)
Monday, MAY 16th - 1:30 p.m. for the Undergraduate Ceremony - North Concourse of Franklin Field (North Councourse is the side closest to the Palestra, report to Gate 1)
Procedures for Undergraduate and Master's Graduation Ceremonies
1. At 1:30 PM graduates proceed to the north concourse of the Franklin Field (Enter through Gate 1). Please be prompt! If you arrive late you may not be able to participate!
2. All graduates MUST check-in.
3. You will be given a name card *specific to you* at the check-in table.
4. HOLD ON TO YOUR NAME CARD and proceed to your department's processional staging area where you will form a single alpha line. (NAME CARDS WILL BE COLLECTED as you enter your row for seating.)
5. The procession will begin promptly at 2:30 p.m.
6. When the ceremony begins, the Marshal will ask each row to stand when appropriate.
7. Your name will be announced as you walk across the stage and a photograph will be taken with the Dean.
8. After your name has been announced and you leave the stage, you will be directed to return to your seat.
9. When the ceremony ends, the faculty will recess and graduates will be dismissed.
Thank you for your cooperation.