2013 Summer French Language and Culture Study Program
Through special agreements between both exchange partners, Université de Technologie de Compiègne, France, (UTC) and Penn’s School of Engineering and Applied Science are offering a summer opportunity to study the French language.
Required French Language Level
All levels are welcome, from total beginner to advanced. An online placement test is organized by UTC before your departure.
No academic credit will be awarded for participation in this program. As with any student, however, students may take the French placement exam at UPenn upon your return to be placed into the next level of French or to be certified as satisfying the French Department’s Language Requirement proficiency level. Again, no academic credit will be awarded for your participation in this program.
- There is no tuition charged. Besides housing (see below), plan for approx. $500 for food, depending on how well you intend to eat.
- You make your own arrangements for air and ground transportation.
- Students should buy a Civil Responsibility insurance which costs around 20 Euros.
- Note that no financial aid is available for this program, as it is already heavily subsidized.
- Lodging for the entire month will cost approximately 300 Euros for a 2-person shared studio, or approximately 600 Euros for a 1 person studio.
- Payment by Credit Card or cash is accepted.
- A deposit of 100 euros must be paid at your arrival and will be returned to you before you leave if the room is in the same condition that it was upon your arrival. This can be made as a Credit Card deposit or with cash. (Subject to change)
- Students will be residing at the International Residence, located at 6-8, rue G. Forest, 60200 Compiègne (Tel : 00 33 3 44 92 21 00); or Appart City, located at Rue Jean de La Fontaine, 60200 Compiègne (Tel: 00 33 3 44 90 90 66).
- Housing includes linens, housekeeping, fully equipped kitchen and private bathroom.
- Complete this form: UTC Summer Program Application.
- Make sure that your photo is attached/pasted into the application.
- Make and attach pdfs of: Resume Copy of your Passport, and Copy of your Health Insurance Card (front and back)
- Turn in the application form and attachments via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org (in subject line, please specify: UTC SUMMER FRENCH PROGRAM APPLICATION)
- Application Deadline: Wednesday May 15th 2013