Penn Engineering Office of Faculty Affairs
The Office of Faculty Affairs is responsible for maintaining policies and records regarding faculty members with appointments in the School of Engineering and Applied Science. The University provides a Faculty Handbook which outlines all of the major policies and procedures of the University of Pennsylvania. However, should you have questions regarding policies or procedures, please contact Sandy Rathman, Director of Faculty Affairs, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Resources for Faculty Appointments, Promotions and Tenure
The information below is primarily intended for use by Departments in preparing dossiers for appointments and promotions.
- Affirmative Action – School Coordinator Guidelines
- Affirmative Action Appointment Form (blue)
- Affirmative Action Appointment - Short Form (blue; for Lecturers only)
- Affirmative Action form for Promotion (goldenrod)
- Affirmative Action form for Termination (salmon)
- Voluntary Self-Identification Form
Appointments, Promotions and Tenure
- Documentation Supporting Proposals for Faculty Appointment, Reappointment or Promotion
- Guidelines for Selection of Extramural Consultants
- External Consultant form
- External Reviewer’s Letter – Tenure Track
- External Reviewer’s Letter – Research Track
- Provost Staff Conference (PSC) and Provost Staff Conference Subcommittee (PSCS) Schedules
- Leave of Absence Form
- Sample letter for undergraduate student evaluation of teaching
- Sample letter to graduate student evaluation of teaching
- Certification of English Fluency
- Guidelines for Lecturers, Senior Lecturers and Professors of Practice
Information regarding specific requirements for appointments to Lecturer, adjunct faculty, visiting faculty and other miscellaneous actions (such as secondary appointments, reemployment beyond retirement and termination or resignation) are found in Presentation-Components of Dossiers for Promotion in the Tenure Track.