Thank you for your support. The future of tomorrow's engineers is built on the foundation you help to provide.
Please review the funds below and choose where you want your contribution to go. Contact our Development Office to answer any questions you may have about giving to Penn Engineering.
Engineering Annual Giving:
Penn Engineering’s Annual Giving Fund provides immediate budgetary support for the School’s most basic and pressing needs. These unrestricted funds give the School the flexibility to support numerous improvements and projects benefiting Engineering’s students, faculty and facilities. Dean Eduardo Glandt is certain that the School will be able to meet the inevitable economic challenges ahead with resilience and ingenuity. Engineering Annual Giving monies will enable the faculty and students of SEAS to continue to anticipate new directions and move forward, seeking and devising creative approaches and solutions. Learn more | Give now!
Student Opportunities and Gift Levels:
The excitement and discovery of research is open to all students and is the keystone of Penn Engineering’s world-class Ph.D. programs. These programs are augmented by diverse Master's degree offerings. Penn Engineering offers a stimulating environment where collaborative research between students and their faculty mentors flourishes. An endowed named fellowship fund would partially support one of Penn Engineering’s graduate students for a full academic year.
- $250,000 creates a named endowed fellowship at Penn Engineering.
Endowed Named Scholarships enable donors to experience firsthand the joy of making a Penn education possible for deserving--and very grateful--young men and women. As a result of the generosity and leadership of Penn donors and to encourage giving to this University priority, Challenge funds are available to match various scholarship gift levels.
- A gift of $100,000, available to alumni up to 15 years after graduation, creates a Young Alumni Scholarship establishing a permanent endowed fund recognized by naming a student recipient for four years. A donor's gift of $75,000 can be matched with $25,000 in Challenge Funds.
- A gift of $150,000 creates and Opportunity Scholarship, partially supporting one student a year in perpetuity. A donor's gift of $125,000 can be matched with $25,000 in Challenge Funds.
- A gift of $500,000 creates a Freedom Scholarship, supporting one student a year in perpetuity. A donor's gift of $400,000 can be matched with $100,000 in Challenge Funds.
- A gift of $850,000 endows a Gateway Scholarship to provide support for one high-need student a year in perpetuity.
Faculty Opportunities and Gift Levels:
There is no better tool for recruiting and retaining the very best faculty than a named professorship endowed in perpetuity. Endowed chairs enable Penn Engineering to attract senior-level professors, providing prestige and guaranteed support for research activities. Only faculty who have demonstrated preeminence in their fields receive this honor.
- $3,000,000 endows a tenured engineering faculty position
Intermediate level professors must have a widely recognized research record before they are granted the senior-level tenure status of a full professor. An Assistant Term Professorship, funded for five years, can help put a talented junior researcher on a senior level track by making available the financial resources for key career-enhancing opportunities.
- $500,000 will endow a term faculty position
A School is only as good as its faculty, and Penn Engineering must have resources available to hire the very best; no other asset has a larger impact on the student experience. When recruiting new faculty, the School must be prepared to offer a highly competitive package that may persuade faculty to choose Penn over other top-tier schools.
- Gifts range from $10,000 to $500,000
Online Giving Opportunities:
Always available and ready to advise and encourage the very best from his students over the years, Dr. Iraj Zandi is now being honored with a graduate fellowship in his name. Join Dr. Zandi's distinguished colleagues and grateful students in recognizing him as a passionate teacher, mentor and friend with a gift to the Iraj Zandi Fellowship Fund. Give now!