NSF/AMP Undergraduate Research ProgramThe National Science Foundation and Philadelphia Region Louis Stokes Alliance for Minority Participation (NSF/AMP) Undergraduate Research Program allows university science, engineering, and mathematics students work on leading edge research in various disciplines for faculty members in the School of Engineering and Applied Science, the Medical School, The College of Arts and Sciences, and Wharton.
The goal of the program is to expose students to a laboratory research experience as a means of motivating them to complete their Bachelor's degree in a science, technology, engineering or mathematics (STEM) field of study, and to continue to pursue graduate programs leading towards master's, M.B.A., Ph.D, or M.D./Ph.D degrees for careers in academia or industry, both in the United States and globally. Interested participants can see more information about this program by downloading the 2017 schedule here.
- The program consists of a ten-week summer research experience.
- Each student is provided with a summer stipend.
- Students perform cutting edge research in state-of-the-art laboratories.
- Students work under the mentorship of world renowned professors in various research centers at Penn, including the School of Engineering and Applied Science, the College of Arts and Sciences, the Wharton School of Business, and the Medical School.
- Students participate in weekly workshops such as improving presentation skills and developing a better understanding of current issues in the graduate admission process.
- Participants attend seminars presented by faculty, graduate students and AMP alumni.
- Students must attend one of the following institutions: Penn, Drexel, Temple, University of Delaware, Delaware State, Cheyney, Lincoln, Community College of Philadelphia, or New Jersey Institute of Technology.
- Must be a student majoring in a STEM discipline with good academic standing.
- Students may apply from their freshman through senior years.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident
- Application deadline is Friday, March 10, 2017
- Download the NSF/AMP Application Form
- Mail the form and requested materials to:
- For questions or additional information, please contact:
Associate Director, NSF/PHILADELPHIA AMP
School of Engineering and Applied Science
125 Towne Building
220 South 33rd Street
Philadelphia, PA 19104-6391
215-898-1378 or email@example.com