Resonant Tunneling Simulator Applet
- Transmission and probability flux graphs are plotted.
- The transmission graph shows the wave energy location by a change in line color.
- The purple curve is the probability flux at a point close to the left of the left barrier.
- The white curve is the probability flux at a point close to the right of the right barrier.
- The pink curve is the probability flux at a point far to the left, near the end of the range of available points.
- Energy levels are displayed for the potential well in the two-barrier case.
- The energy of the wave packet relative to the potential is printed on the screen by a dashed green line.
- The wave packet is represented by a light blue line.
- Adjustable height, width, and separation of barriers.
- Adjustable energy, width, location, distance step, and direction of wave.
- Adjustable accuracy of calculations. The higher the accuracy, however, the slower the calculation.
- Adjustable size of plotting area.
- Adjustable animation speed.
- Adjustable wave packet plotting location.
- Play, Pause, and Reset buttons
- Applet can be resized.