- Research on cartilage tissue engineering profiled in Philadelphia Inquirer, August 2011.
- Brendan Purcell receives American Heart Association Predoctoral Fellowship, May 2011.
- Congrats to Dr. Joshua Katz for successful PhD thesis defense, April 2011.
- Research on cartilage regeneration highlighted in Penn Current, April 2011.
- Ryan Wade, David Zhai, and Ludo Vincent (former lab member, now at UCSD) receive NSF Graduate Research Fellowships, April 2011.
- Vyas Ramanan receives the Herman Schwan award through the Department of Bioengineering, the M&T Award through SEAS, and an NSF Graduate Research Fellowship Honorable Mention, April 2011.
- Dr. Jamie Ifkovits receives the Sol Pollack award for outstanding PhD thesis from the Department of Bioengineering, April 2011.
- Elena Tous receives first place in SWE poster competition, February 2011.
- Liming Bian, Sudhir Khetan, and Elena Tous receive Student Travel Achievement Recognition (STAR) Awards through the Society for Biomaterials, February 2011.
- Jason Burdick elected to the American Institute for Medical and Biological Engineering (AIMBE). *induction deferred until 2012
- Jason Burdick receives Kalpana Chalwa Oustanding Recent Alumni Award from the University of Colorado, February 2011.
- Jason Burdick Edward C. Nagy New Investigator Award from the National Institue of Biomedical Imaging and Bioengineering, February 2011.