CIS 573 Software Engineering
First Iteration Planning Meeting
You should plan on meeting your customer no later than Sunday Oct 7 to discuss the goals of the first iteration.
Before the meeting:
- Write your user stories. The user stories should capture all of the functionality discussed at the project kickoff meeting. Each user story should have a point value associated with it, where 1 point equals one person working for one week. It's okay to use half-points for more granularity. Don't worry about getting your estimations exactly right; you will change these over time.
- Set up a software configuration management repository and email your PM with instructions on how to access it.
- Put the document containing your user stories in your repository.
- Print the document so you can bring it to the meeting.
During the meeting:
- Go over the user stories with the customer and see which ones are their highest priority.
- If there are any technical challenges, or pre-conditions (e.g. a particular story that can't be started until another one is completed), be sure to make that clear before proceeding.
- Agree with the customer on the user stories to be completed during this first iteration. You should aim for three points of user stories per group member, since you have three weeks.
After the meeting, send a PDF to the PM containing the list of user stories that you intend to complete during this first iteration. And then start coding!
Last updated: Sept 26, 12:29pm