CIS 573 Software Engineering
Third Iteration Planning Meeting
You should plan on meeting your customer no later than Sunday Nov 25 to discuss the goals of the third iteration.
Before the meeting:
- Make a note of the user stories that you did not finish in the second iteration, as well as any known bugs in your application.
- Also make a note of your project velocity, i.e. the number of user story points you finished in the second iteration.
- Revise the point estimates for the user stories that have not yet been completed, based on your experience from the first two iterations.
During the meeting:
- Discuss the list of user stories for the application as a whole. Remove those that have been finished (with no known bugs), and add new ones that the customer has asked for based on the second demo.
- Go over the user stories with the customer and see which ones are their highest priority. This should include user stories that were not completed during the second iteration and/or that have known bugs. Keep in mind that this is the final iteration, so whatever you plan on delivering, that's all they're getting!
- If there are any technical challenges that arose during the second iteration, be sure to make that clear before proceeding.
- Agree with the customer on the user stories to be completed during this iteration. The number of points you plan on accomplishing in this iteration should be approximately the same as what you did in the second iteration. If it is much less than three points per person, though, discuss with the customer and the TA how you can improve your project velocity.
After the meeting, get back to coding!
Last updated: Sept 26, 12:36pm