I am a 5th-year PhD student in CIS at Penn. I am very fortunate to have Prof. Sampath Kannan and Prof. Aaron Roth as my advisors. Before I came to US, I took undergraduate study in the "Yao Class" under Prof. Andrew Yao at Tsinghua University. During high school, I became very interested in mathematics and won some Mathematical Olympiad medals in 2004.
I am supported by a Simons Graduate Fellowship from Fall 2012.
I will be on the job market this year! Here is my CV.
Broadly speaking, my research is in the area of theoretical computer science. Specifically, my research interests span various topics in algorithmic mechanism design and differential privacy, and more recently in online algorithm. The main theme of my research is to develop the theory of computation in the presence of private data held by self-interested agents, using mathematical tools from computer science, economics, and other fields. See my publications for more details.
Sorted in reverse-chronological order. Click on a title to toggle the abstract.
TalksSlides available upon request.
- Exploiting metric structure for efficient private query release
- DIMACS Differential Privacy Workshop, October, 2012
- Exponential mechanism for social welfare: private, truthful, and nearly optimal
- FOCS 2012
- MSR-UW Experience Theory Project, August, 2012
- MSR Redmond Theory Seminar, July, 2012
- HKUST Theory Seminar, May, 2012
- CUHK Theory Seminar, April, 2012
- FOCS 2011
- HKUST Theory Seminar, December, 2012
- SODA 2011
- China Theory Week, September, 2010
- UPenn Theory Lunch, May, 2010
- FOCS 2009
- UPenn Theory Lunch, September, 2009
- ICALP 2009
- I am into rock climbing. Here is a great video introducing what rock climbing is about. I also love playing basketball. We won the 2009 NorthEast Chinese Basketball Tournament. I enjoy soccer as well. I am a fan of Real Madrid and Raúl González.
- I enjoy playing bridge with my friends in my free time. We won the NABC Collegiate Bridge Championship in 2010 and 2011!
- I love traveling and solving mathematical problems on the plane.