My Google Scholar Citation Page
My Curriculum Vitae
My academic genealogy
My audio and video recordings for classical guitar
- Phone: (215) 898-8105
- Fax: (215) 573-2068
- Email: jadbabai (at) seas (dot) upenn (dot) edu
- Network Science, Network Economics
- Consensus and information aggregation in social networks
- Cooperative control of multiagent systems
- Applications of algebraic topology in coverage and deployment of sensor networks
- Analysis, optimization, and control of networked dynamical systems in physics, engineering and biology
- Optimization, and optimal control of nonlinear and hybrid systems
- Motion coordination and vison-based control of unmanned air and ground vehicles
- Robust control
- Spectral Graph theory
News, Awards and Projects:
- Nader Motee's paper wins the Student Best Paper award at the 2007 American Control
Conference in New York.
- NSF Power, Control and Adaptive Networks (PCAN) program, Topological methods for distributed coverage problems in
mobile sensing networks .
- SToMP in Science News: Sensor Sensibility.
- The paper "Distributed coordination of mobile autonomous agents," which
appeared in the June 2003 issue of IEEE
Transactions on Automatic Contol
wins the 2005 George S. Axelby Best paper award of the IEEE Control Systems Society.
The award is given every year for the best paper in the
IEEE Transactions on Automatic control in the previous
two calendar years.
- 2004 ONR Young Investigator Award.
for proposal entitled, "An optimization-based approach to distributed coordination of Unmanned Aerial Vehicles"
one of the total of 26 awarded in all areas of science and engineering.
- NSF CAREER Award.
- Featured on NSF website on Knowledge and Distributed
- NSF CNS Program, Scalable approach to
reachability analysis and safety verification of hybrid
systems" with Calin Belta (BU) and Vijay Kumar (Penn).
- ARO MURI, Adaptive Coordinated Control of Intelligent Multiagent Teams.
Berkeley (lead institution). Other teams: Penn,
- ARO MURI SWARMS: Scalabale sWarms of Autonomous Robots and Mobile Sensors"
Penn (lead institution), Other members:
Yale, UCSB, MIT, Berkeley.
- ONR Mathematical, Computer and Information Sciences Division, "Vision-based distributed coordination of multi-vehicle
- DARPA DSO, "SToMP: Sensor Topology for
Minimal Planning , a Multi-investogator project lead by UIUC, with coPIs from CMU, Penn,
and other places.
Current Graduate Students
Michael Zargham (2008-)
Chinwendu Enyioha (2008-) (jointly supervised with prof. Pappas)
Arastoo Fazeli (2008-)
Shahin Shahrampour (2009-)
Shaudi Mahdavi (2009-)
Rasul Tutunov (CIS) (2011-)
Hoda Heidari (CIS) (jointly supervised with Prof. Michael Kearns) (2011-)
Amin Rahimian (2012-)
Vassilis Tzoumas (2012-) (jointly supervised with Geroge Pappas)
Stamatina Lamprinakou (2013- )
Saad Aleem (2013- ) (jointly supervised with George Pappas)
Ali Kakhbod, (Ph.D., University of Michigan, 2012)
Amir Ajorlou, (Ph.D., Concordia University, 2013)
Former Graduate Students
Alex Stewart (jointly supervised) (2006-2007), M.S.
Ali Ahmadzadeh (2003-2008), PhD, Quantitative Strategist at Constellation Energy
Nima Moshtagh (2003-2008), Ph.D., Senior Research Scientist at Advanced Technology Center, Lockheed Martin Space Systems Company
Nader Motee (2003-2007), Ph.D., Assistant professor, Department of Mechanical Engineering, Lehigh University
(2004-2009), Ph.D., Assistant Professor, Decision
Risk, and Operations Department, Graduate School of Busniess, Columbia University
Jaelynn Oh (Wharton OPIM) (2011-2013), Ph.D., Assistant Professor, Operations & Information Systems Department, David Eccles School of Business, The
University of Utah, Salt Lake City, UT
(2008-2013), Ph.D., PhD student, Department of Economics, MIT
Former Postdoctoral Scholars
Abubakr Muhammad (2006-2007), currently an Assistant Professor of Electrical Engineering at Lahore University of Management Sciences
Nader Motee (2007-2008), currently an assistant professor of Mechanical Engineering and Mechanics at Lehigh University
Usman Khan (2009-2010), currently an assistant professor of Electrical and Computer Engineering at Tufts University
Victor Preciado (2008-2012), currently an assistant professor of Electrical and Systems Engineering at University of Pennsylvania
Serban Sabau (2012-2013), (Ph.D., University of Maryland, 2011), Assistant Professor, Department of Electrical Engineering, Stevens Institute of Technology