Click here to schedule training.
Please make training requests only when your need is imminent.
Be sure to include the following information with your request:
For operating instructions go to the nanofab wiki (PennKey required for login).
The PVD75 is an e-beam/thermal evaporator:
- substrate type and size
- film stack
- depostion layer desired
- 5 kW e-beam power supply
- 4 e-beam pockets (7 cc crucibles, 4.4 cc liners)
- 2 thermal boats
- 375 A at 6.6 V thermal power supply
- Co-deposition capable
- 12"-diameter rotateable sample holder
- Sample holder can be heated up to 350 *C
- Individual source shutters
- Sample holder shutter
- Two crystal thickness monitors
The tool uses a CTI-8F cryo pump for high vacuum pumping.
The following materials are approved:
- Ni (thermal only, because Ni is a magnetic material which changes the e-beam condition)
Please contact Facility staff if the material you would like to evaporate is not listed above.
Nanofab does not provide materials, crucible, and evaporation boat for
PVD75. So, you bring your sample, crucible (or boat), and materials,
and you take them after deposition. The following is info on crucible and evaporation boat.
Kurt J. Lesker Company