Tool manager: Soong Ju (SJ) Oh (sooo[at]seas[dot]upenn[dot]edu)
For operating instructions go to the nanofab wiki (PennKey required for login).
The YES oven can be used for surface modification and image reversal of photoresist tone. It can also perform a plasma clean, in-situ, before deposition.
- Surface modification to prevent or promote adhesion
- Photoresist adhesion for semiconductor wafers, using Hexamethyldisilizane (HMDS)
- Silane/substrate adhesion for microarrays (DNA, gene, protein, antibody, tissue)
- MEMS coating to reduce stiction
- BioMEMS and biosensor coating to reduce "drift" in device performance
- Promote biocompatibility between natural and synthetic materials
- Anti-corrosive coating
- Plasma cleaning option ensures all runs start from the same point
- Image reversal of photoresist tone from positive to negative, or vice versa, using ammonia bake.
the introduction of a substituted silyl group (R3Si–) to a molecule (Ref 1)
- Reported work.