I am a PhD candidate at the Graphics Lab, and my current main research interests include Modeling of Sound Propagation, Localization and Perception, as well as Virtual Agent and Crowd Simulation.
I am also interested in other Graphics and Animation topics such as Multi-modal Communication, Motion Graph, Steering, Navigation, Path Planning, Motion Synthesis, and Virtual Reality, etc.
I used to work on Real-time Deformable Models and Virtual Surgical Systems, and published several related papers.
Before coming to Penn, I received my Master's degree from SJTU, and Bachelor's from Tongji.
2010 - 2014
- Y. Wang, M. Kapadia, P. Huang, L. Kavan, and N. I. Badler. Sound Localization and Multi-Modal Steering for Autonomous Virtual Agents. ACM SIGGRAPH Symposium on Interactive 3D Graphics and Games, I3D 2014.
- W. Liu, X. Chong, P. Huang, and N. I. Badler. Learning Motion Patterns in Unstructured Scene Based on Latent Structural Information. Journal of Visual Languages & Computing, 2014.
- X. Chong, W. Liu, P. Huang, and N. I. Badler. Hierarchical Crowd Analysis and Anomaly Detection. Journal of Visual Languages & Computing, 2013.
- P. Huang, M. Kapadia, and N. I. Badler. SPREAD : Sound Propagation and Perception for Autonomous Agents in Dynamic Environments. Proceedings of ACM SIGGRAPH/Eurographics Symposium on Computer Animation, 2013.
- M. Kapadia, A. Shoulson, C. D. Boatright, P. Huang, F. Durupinar, and N. I. Badler. What's Next? The New Era of Autonomous Virtual Humans. Fifth International Conference on Motion in Games, 2012.
- L. Sun, A. Shoulson, P. Huang, N. Nelson, W. Qin, A. Nenkova, and N. I. Badler. Animating Synthetic Dyadic Conversations with Variations Based on Context and Agent Attributes. International Journal of Computer Animation and Virtual Worlds, 2012.
- C. Stocker, L. Sun, P. Huang, W. Qin, J. M. Allbeck, and N. I. Badler. Smart Events and Primed Agents. In Proceedings of the 10th International Conference on Intelligent Virtual Agents, pages 15-27, Berlin, Heidelberg, Springer-Verlag, 2010.
2005 - 2010
- P. Huang, J. Kang, J. T. Kider Jr, B. Sunshine-Hill, J. B. McCaffrey, D. Velazquez Rios, and N. I. Badler. Real-Time Evacuation Simulation in Mine Interior Model of Smoke and Action. 23rd International Conference on Computer Animation and Social Agents, 2010.
- X. Li, L. Gu, S. Zhang, J. Zhang, G. Zheng, P. Huang, and J. Xu. Hierarchical Spatial Hashing-based Collision Detection and Hybrid Collision Response in a Haptic Surgery Simulator. International Journal of Medical Robotics and Computer Assisted Surgery, 4(1):77–86, 2008.
- Y. Zou, P. Huang, et al. Deformation Modeling Using Global Medial Representation Structures and Evaluation by Biset Mesh Matching. IEEE International Conference on Multimedia & Expo, July 2008.
- P. Huang, et al. Virtual Surgery Deformable Modelling Employing GPU Based Computation. IEEE Computer Society Proceedings of 17th International Conf. on Artificial Reality & Telexistence, November 2007.
- X. Yu, P. Huang, et al. New Tetrahedral Mesh Generation Method based on Delaunay Criteria and Space Disassembling. ICAT 2007: 228-233, November 2007.
- P. Huang, L. Gu, X. Li, S. Zhang, J. Xu, C. Lin, and Q. Fang. Real-time Simulation for Global Deformation of Soft Tissue Using Deformable Centerline and Medial Representation. 3rd Symposium on Biomedical Simulation 2006, Zurich, Switzerland, pp. 67-74, LNCS 4072, Springer-Verlag, July 2006.
- S. Zhang, L. Gu, W. Liang, P. Huang, J. Boehm, and J. Xu. The Framework for Real-Time Simulation of Deformable Soft-Tissue Using a Hybrid Elastic Model. 3rd Symposium on Biomedical Simulation 2006, Zurich, Switzerland, pp. 75-83, LNCS 4072, Springer-Verlag, July 2006.
- S. Zhang, L. Gu, P. Huang, and J. Xu. Real-Time Simulation of Deformable Soft Tissue Based on Mass-Spring and Medial Representation. ICCV-CVBIA 2005, Beijing, China, pp. 419-426, Lecture Notes in Computer Science 3765, Springer-Verlag, October 2005.