I am currently a fifth year PhD student in the
department of Computer & Information Sciences at University of Pennsylvania, affilated
with the Theory Research Group. I am very fortunate to have Sanjeev Khanna as my advisor.
Prior to my enrollment at Penn, I got my B.Sc. degree in Computer Engineering from department of Computer Engineering at
Sharif University of Technology, Iran.
My primary research interest is in theoretical foundations of big data analysis and in particular streaming and distributed algorithms and lower bounds. I am also interested in the areas of approximation and online algorithms, communication complexity, and algorithmic game theory.
- Tight Bounds on the Round Complexity of the Distributed Maximum Coverage Problem SODA 2018
Randomized Composable Coresets for Matching and Vertex Cover
Invited to TOPC special issue for SPAA'17 papers
- Learning with Limited Rounds of Adaptivity: Coin Tossing, Multi-Armed Bandits, and Ranking from Pairwise Comparisons COLT 2017
Combinatorial Auctions Do Need Modest Interaction
Invited to TEAC special issue for EC'17 papers
The Stochastic Matching Problem: Beating Half with a Non-Adaptive Algorithm
- • Teaching assistant, University of Pennsylvania
- Advanced Topics in Algorithms & Complexity: Randomized Algorithms (Fall 2016, Fall 2014)
- Introduction to Algorithms (Spring 2015)
- • Teaching assistant, Sharif University of Technology
- Advanced Topics in Theory of Computability, Complexity and Logic (Spring 2013)
- Design and Analysis of Algorithms: (Spring 2013, Fall 2012, Spring 2012 and Spring 2011)
- Data Structures and Fundamentals of Algorithms: (Fall 2012, Fall 2011, Spring 2011 and Fall 2010)
- Theory of Machine Languages and Automata: (Spring 2013, Fall 2012 , Spring 2012, Fall 2011 and Spring 2011)
- • Lower Bounds for Linear Sketches of Approximate Matching and Matrix Rank [Slides]
FOCS'17 workshop Linear Sketching as a Tool for Everything , October 14, 2017.
- • Tight Bounds on the Round Complexity of the Distributed Maximum Coverage Problem [Slides]
Columbia Theory Seminar, October 12, 2017.
- • Randomized Composable Coresets for Matching and Vertex Cover [Slides]
IBM T.J. Watson Research Center, Yorktown Heights, NY. IP for lunch, September 26, 2017.
Symposium on Parallelism in Algorithms and Architectures (SPAA), July 24, 2017.
- • Learning with Limited Rounds of Adaptivity [Slides]
Google Research NYC, Algorithm Seminar, July 18, 2017.
- • Tight Space-Approximation Tradeoff for the Multi-Pass Streaming Set Cover Problem [Slides]
Symposium on Principles of Database Systems (PODS), May 17, 2017.