[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Logical Relations

	Does anyone know why logical relations (see R. Statman, ``Logical
Relations and the Typed lambda-Calculus'' in Information and Control, Vol 65,
pages 85-97, 1985) are called ``logical relations''?  What is logical about
them?  Perhaps Statman will be able to tell us.
	When I was interviewing at Iowa State University someone
suggested to me, after I explained what they were, that they should be called
``homomorphic relations.''  That seems reasonable to me, but perhaps someone
knows a reason why a logical relation is different than what would be suggested
by the term ``homomorphic relation.''  If so I'd be interested to know the
reason why homomorphic relation is improperly used.
	Gary Leavens