[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Logical Relations

I was hoping someone else would volunteer some info
on why logical relations are "logical." I think that logical
relations are precisely the relations defionable in
Church's type theory with equality, or something like this,
but (to my embarassment) I have never been exactly clear
on this.

At any rate, I strongly recommend against "homomorphic
relation" as an alternative terminology, since homomorphisms
always compose, but logical relations do not. Something
like "comprehension relations" might make sense, since
membership in a logical relation is defined using the same
comprehension formula as type membership, but I suspect this
is at least as obscure a name as "logical relation" in the
first place.