[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Reading seminar on semantics

                            SEMINAR ANNOUNCEMENT

 There seems to be quite a bit of interest in establishing a regular seminar
on logic of programs, semantics, type theory, and related topics in the
theory of programming languages.  One attempt was made to establish the
seminar this summer; I think it's time to make another attempt.
  The seminar will be a reading seminar, with various people presenting
papers of interest.  Here are some proposals for papers and topics:

   1.  "ML with Extended Pattern Matching and Subtypes"---Lalita Jategaonkar
        and John Mitchell.  Lalita will present this.
   2.  "A Modest Model of Inheritance, ..."---Bruce and Longo
   3.  Domain logic---Abramsky's work
   4.  Predomains---Plotkin (we'd have to rely mostly on handwritten notes)
   5.  Something about intuitionistic type theory; perhaps Hayashi's work?
   6.  Kripke-style semantics for typed lambda calculi---Mitchell and Moggi
   7.  "Essence of ML"---Harper and Mitchell

  The seminar will meet (tentatively) every Wednesday from 2:15-4:15.  I
still have to find a room, but I don't think that will be a problem.
  If you're interested in attending, please send me a note (with alternative
times if the proposed time is not good.)  Suggestions for topics and papers
are welcome also.

-Jon Riecke