Question 1.
From: cubric@triples.Math.McGill.CA (Djordje Cubric)

Let me try to say something about your question 1.
Unless I missed some subtleties of the formal system I propose the
``known'' example:

        Gamma |- u:A
(Norm) ---------------
        Gamma |- n(u):A

where n(u) is the beta-normal form of u. (I saw something like that for
Cut.) It won't be derivable because for any number N one can choose u so
that n(u) requires N  many steps to achieve.

Another example one might be

      Gamma |- u:A
(NE) --------------
      FV(u) |- u:A

where FV(u) means the typothesis of the typed variables which actually
appear in u. It won't be derivable because Gamma - FV(u) can be
arbitrarily long.

Question 2.
From: Andrzej_Filinski@JEROME.TIP.CS.CMU.EDU

For the second question, the answer is, perhaps surprisingly, no.
Let us look at just a simple instance of (*) at type bool = 1 + 1 with
the usual syntactic sugar:

(+)  if z then z else z  =?=  if z then true else false

Even assuming that function spaces and products satisfy the usual
strong conditions (i.e., the CCC equations), (+) is not derivable, and
in fact there exist simple models in which it does not hold.  For
example, consider a CBN language with side effects (say, Algol with
full higher-order functions).  Then (beta), (eta), and (cc) for your
"strict" contexts are satisfied, but (+) fails when z is bound to an
expression with a side effect (such as incrementing a global cell).
However, (*) probably does hold if the only possible computational
effect is nontermination [which I guess could be axiomatized as some
form of idempotence condition on the relevant monad].