[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Research Fellowships at QMW

Please bring these fellowships to the notice of anyone you think
might be interested.

all best wishes
Edmund Robinson

Department of Computer Science
Queen Mary & Westfield College
University of London

ADVANCED / SENIOR  RESEARCH FELLOWSHIPS

As an important part  of  our  strategy  to  accelerate  research
activity  in  this  highly-rated  research  department we wish to
appoint a small number of full-time Research Fellows in  Computer
Science.

The fellowships will be of one to  two  years  duration  and  are
aimed   at   experienced   researchers  who  would  benefit  from
collaborating with staff at QMW in a lively  and  well  resourced
research setting.

The  department  (rated  4A  in  the  last  research  selectivity
exercise)  has  strong  well resourced research groups in several
mainstream  areas  of  computer  science  including;   artificial
intelligence;  computer graphics and virtual reality; distributed
and parallel systems;  human  computer  interaction,  programming
and the theory of computation.

Applicants for an Advanced Fellowship (Ref: 95034) should have  a
PhD  in  a  relevant  area  of  computer  science together with a
minimum  of two years research experience and  sound  publication
record  providing  evidence of potential to lead research. Salary
will be in the range 16,075 - 23,087 pounds.

Applicants for a Senior Research  Fellowship  (Ref:  95035)  must
have  a minimum of five years research experience since obtaining
their PhD in a relevant area of computer science together with an
excellent  publication record providing evidence of a significant
contribution to their  chosen area of computer science and proven
ability  to  lead  research. Salary will be  in the range 26511 -
32665 pounds.

For informal discussions contact Mel  Slater  (mel@dcs.qmw.ac.uk)
(0171  975  52..) further information about the department can be
found on World Wide Web: http://www.dcs.qmw.ac.uk/

For an application form and further details, please telephone our
24  hour  Recruitment Line on 0171 975 5171, quoting the relevant
Reference Number. Completed applications forms should be returned
by  14th  March  1995  to  the Recruitment Coordinator, Personnel
Office, Queen Mary and Westfield College, Mile End  Road,  London
E1 4NS.

This announcement is also available on World Wide Web:
  http://www.dcs.qmw.ac.uk/~mel/Admin/fellowad.html