[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Dana Scott, Honorary Degree Celebration; further details.

    +++++++++++++++
    +  Dana Scott +
    +++++++++++++++

Celebration of Honorary D.Sc.
=============================

Edinburgh, 13th - 14th July 1995

Invitation
=========

On 12th July 1995, The University of Edinburgh will confer the
Honorary Degree of Doctor of Science on Prof. Dana Scott, of
Carnegie Mellon University, Pittsburgh, USA.

We take great pleasure in inviting friends and colleagues to join
in an informal celebration of this award, which we will hold in Dana's
honour on 13th and 14th July 1995.

If you would like to join us, please reply to Tracey Combe
(tlc@dcs.ed.ac.uk), with full postal address, by 28th June.

Programme
=========

13th July 1995 --- Logic in Informatics

14.00     Colin Stirling: Logic in Computer Science
15.00     Coffee
15.30     Alan Bundy: Logic in AI
16.30     Keith Stenning: Logic in Cognitive Science
17.30     Informal Reception (ending circa 19.30)

14th July 1995 --- Highlights of Dana's work

09.00     Coffee
09.30     Angus MacIntyre: Dana at Stanford and Princeton
10.30     Martin Hyland: Dana at Oxford
11.30     Coffee
12.00     John Reynolds: Dana at CMU
13.00     Lunch (Buffet)
14.00     Introduction: Peter Freyd
14.15     Thanks: Michael Fourman
14.30     Dana
16.00     Tea

Lectures and reception will be held in the James Clerk Maxwell
Building on the Science Campus (King's Buildings) of
The University of Edinburgh,
Edinburgh
EH9 3JZ.

Prof. Michael P. Fourman, Department of Computer Science, Informatics PU,
University of Edinburgh, King's Buildings, Mayfield Road, Edinburgh EH9 3JZ
Scotland, UK.                          email : Michael.Fourman@ed.ac.uk
Tel: (+44)131-650-5197                    Fax : (+44)131-667-7209