[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

No Subject

Linear Logic 96 Tokyo Meeting Program

(Co-sponsored by Keio University,
                 Japan Society for Scientific Promotion,
                 Centre National de Recherche Scientifique(France),
                 and Office of Naval Research(USA))

WWW page:   http://abelard.flet.mita.keio.ac.jp/Linear96.html

Linear Logic 96 Tokyo Meeting (March 28 -- April 2)
 (the Main Hall of the "Kitashinkan" Building, the Mita Campus, Keio Univ.)

Special Tutorials
Jean-Yves Girard       Tutorial I: Recent Advances in Linear Logic
P.Lincoln-J.Mitchell   Tutorial II: Decision and Optimization Problems
      -A.Scedrov                                        in Linear Logic

28 March (Thursday)
6:00pm-8:30pm          Pre-Registration and Welcome Reception
                       (the Faculty Club of the "Kitashinkan" Building)

29 March (Friday)
8:50-9:20              Registration/Coffee and muffins (light breakfast)
9:20-10:20
J-Y.Girard             Tutorial I: Recent Advances in Linear Logic

10:20-10:40            Coffee Break

10:40-12:10            Morning Session
Peter O'Hearn          From Algol to Polymorphic Linear Lambda-Calculus,I
John Reynolds          From Algol to Polymorphic Linear Lambda-Calculus,II

12:10-1:30             Lunch Break

1:30-3:00              Afternoon Session I
Samson Abramsky        Linearity, Sharing and State
Kohei Honda            Relating Proof Nets and Pi-Calculus

3:00-3:15              Coffee Break

3:15-5:30              Afternoon Session II
Andre Joyal            Free Bicompletion of Categories and Linear Logic
Dale Miller            Linear Logic as a Logical Framework
Kobayashi-Yonezawa     Linear Concurrent Logic Programming (tentative)

5:30-5:45              Break

5:45-6:45
Lincoln-Mitchell-      Tutorial II: Decision and Optimization Problems
Scedrov                                              in Linear Logic

30 March (Saturday)
8:50-9:20              Coffee and muffins (light breakfast)
9:20-10:20
J-Y. Girard            Tutorial I: Recent Advances in Linear Logic

10:20-10:40            Coffee Break

10:40-12:10            Morning Session
Vincent Danos          Abstract Machines and Games Semantics I
Laurent Regnier        Abstract Machines and Games Semantics II

12:10-1:40             Lunch Break

1:40-3:35              Afternoon Session I
Francois Lamarche      From Proof Nets to Games.
C-H L Ong              A semantic view of classical proofs: type-theoretic,
                       categorical and denotational characterizations
Thomas Ehrhard         A characterization of strongly stable functions
                       in terms of sequential algorithms

3:35-3:50              Coffee Break

3:50-5:20              Afternoon Session II
V. Michele Abrusci     Semantics of proofs for noncommutative linear logic
Mitsu Okada            From Phase Semantics to Higher Order Normalization

5:20-5:30              Break

5:30-6:30
Lincoln-Mitchell-      Tutorial II: Decision and Optimization Problems
Scedrov                                              in Linear Logic

6:30-8:30              Panel Discussion and Conference Reception
                       (Panelists: S. Abramski, J-Y Girard, J. Mitchell)

31 March (Sunday)
8:50-9:20              Coffee and muffins (light breakfast)
9:20-10:20
J-Y. Girard            Tutorial I: Recent Advances in Linear Logic

10:20-10:40            Coffee Break

10:40-12:10            Morning Session
Andrea Asperti         Paths and optimal reductions in the
                       lambda-calculus: an introduction.
Susumu Hayashi         Two extensions of PX system

12:10-1:20             Lunch Break

1:20-3:35              Afternoon Session I
Hiroakira Ono          Algebraic semantics for substructural logics
Peter Freyd            Paracategaries, paramathematics
Vaughan Pratt          Linear logic complements classical logic

3:35-3:50              Coffee Break

3:50-6:50pm            Special Session on the Related Fields
Gaisi Takeuti          Logical Approach to Computational Complexity Theory
Dag Prawitz            Proof Theory, its Past and Future
Dirk van Dalen         What is Constructivity?-the Intuitionist Approach-
                                              in Linear Logic

7:30-10:00             Conference Banquet

1st April (Monday)
8:50-9:20              Coffee and muffins (light breakfast)
9:20-10:20
J-Y. Girard            Tutorial I: Recent Advances in Linear Logic

10:20-10:40            Coffee Break

10:40-12:10            Morning Session
Phil J.Scott              Representations of Groups and Hopf Algebras
                                in Linear Proof Theory I
Rick Blute             Representations of Groups and Hopf Algebras
                                in Linear Proof Theory II

12:10-1:20             Lunch Break

1:20-3:35              Afternoon Session I
Max Kanovitch          Enriching LL by temporal-like operators "next"
                       and "afterwards"
Natarajan Shankar      The Mechanics of Proof Search in Linear Logic
Jacqueline Vauzeilles  Linear Logic for Taxonomical Networks and
                       Database Updates

Presentation by Title:
Christian Retore       Proof structures and perfect matchings.

3:35-3:45              Coffee Break

3:45-6:00              Afternoon Session II
Misao Nagayama         Graph-Theoretic Characterization of Proof Nets
                        of Non-Commutative MLL
Francois Metayer       Some remarks on cyclic linear logic
Makoto Kanazawa        Lambek calculus: recognizing power and complexity.

6:00-6:05              Break

6:05-7:05
Lincoln-Mitchell-      Tutorial II: Decision and Optimization Problems
Scedrov                                              in Linear Logic

2nd April
9:30-12:00             Contributed Papers Session
Joshua S. Hodas        Forum as a Logica Programming Language
-Jeffrey Polakow       (Preliminary Results and Observations)
Marco Pedicini         Remarks on Elementary Linear Logic
Vincent Danos,         Computational isomorphisms in classical logic
-Jean-Baptiste Joinet,
-Harold Schellinx
Lorenzo Tortora        Generalized standardization lemma for the additives
  de Falco

End of the Formal Program of Linear 96.

Linear Logic Mini-Courses (March 25 -- 27)
   (the AV-Hall of the Main Library, the Mita Campus, Keio Univ)

[I] Introduction to Linear Logic, by Girard-Lafont-Okada-Scedrov(10:30--12:30)
[P] Proof Nets and Interaction Nets, by Y. Lafont               (2:00--3:30)
[D] Decision Problems in Linear Logic, by A. Scedrov            (4:00--5:30)

          25        26        27
10:30     [I]       [I]       [I]
12:30     Break     Break     Break
 2:00     [P]       [P]       [P]
 4:00     [D]       [D]       [D]

Linear Logic 96 Tokyo Meeting (March 28 -- April 2)
 (the Main Hall of the "Kitashinkan" Building, the Mita Campus, Keio Univ.)

Invited speakers: