[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

RE: Type soundness for denotational semantics of state

I don't know of a proof based on denotational semantics; why would one
bother?

Let me mention that Wright and Felleisen and (separately) I gave much
simpler proofs of soundness for languages with references (among other
extensions to core ML) based on operational semantics.  Abadi and Cardelli
have adapted these methods to an object-based language.  No maximal fixed
points or any similar constructions are required for these proofs.

Bob

@Article{harper:refs-ipl,
  author = 	 "Robert Harper",
  title = 	 "A Simplified Account of Polymorphic References",
  journal =	 "Information Processing Letters",
  year =	 1994,
  volume =	 "51",
  pages =	 "201--206"
}

@Article{wright+:type-soundness-ic,
  author = 	 "Andrew K. Wright and Matthias Felleisen",
  title = 	 "A Syntactic Approach to Type Soundness",
  journal =	 ic,
  year =	 1994,
  volume =	 115,
  number =	 1,