From: Vijay Saraswat <vj@research.att.com>
Date: Sat, 4 Oct 1997 06:20:16 -0400 (EDT)
To: vladimir@cs.ualberta.ca
CC: jpalacio@mia.uv.mx, linear@CS.Stanford.EDU
Subject: Re: about current state of the art of LL in AI...

Let me add the work that Dalrymple, Lamping and I have been doing
(with various collaborators) on using Linear cc as the vehicle
for assembling meanings of natural language utterances, in a
context where the parsing is done using Kaplan and Bresnan's LFG
(Lexical Functional Grammars).

  http://www.parc.xerox.com/istl/groups/nltt/semantics

This approach  is being pursued by several other authors now, and
a book (edited collection of papers) is being worked on.