[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Brower's contribution to Mathematics an Computer Science

Dear colleagues

The recent flourish of messages concerning "Intuitionist Logic"
brought forward, once again, the role of L.E.J.Brower in the
foundations of Mathematics, Logic and Computer Science.
I often feel that his work may be singled out as the main reason why
"we are all here!".

This is the reason why I think that the centenary of the publication
of his thesis (which is not very far away) should deserve a suitable
commemoration. Maybe a conference bringing together logicians,
mathematical historians and computer scientists.

Perhaps our friends at the Amsterdam have already thought about this?

jmv