[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Lectureship at Glasgow

I'd be delighted if a programming-language-aware person applied for this
(tenured) post.  Deadline 13 March.

Simon

		Lectureship in Computing Science
		University of Glasgow

The University invites applications for a permanent lectureship in the
Department of Computing Science.

The Department has demonstrated the highest standards in both teaching and
research.  We are actively developing new courses, at both undergraduate
and postgraduate levels, and have a thriving research community.
Applicants must possess the experience, enthusiasm and ability to enhance a
vigorous research environment, together with the creativity and energy to
contribute to our educational excellence.

Applicants will be considered from any area of computing science, but
preference will be given to those who match our teaching commitments and
who complement or strengthen our research interests.

The appointment will be on the Lecturer A or B scale (£16,045­£27,985
p.a.), at a point determined by age, experience, and ability.

Informal enquiries may be made to the Head of Department, Mr Ray Welland,
e-mail ray@dcs.gla.ac.uk.  Information about the Department and further
information about this post may be found on WWW at
http://www.dcs.gla.ac.uk/announce/.

Further particulars may be obtained from the Personnel Office, University
of Glasgow, Glasgow G12 8QQ, Scotland (tel. 0141 330 6094, fax 0141 330
4921).  Applications (eight copies from UK applicants, one copy from
overseas applicants) must be sent to this address by 13 March 1998.  Each
application must consist of: a curriculum vitae, including a list of
publications and a covering letter explaining why you wish to be considered
for the position, a brief statement on the state of your health and details
of any period of probation served elsewhere and any relevant training.  You
should also submit a personal information form (available from our Web
site) including the names and addresses of three referees.  In all
correspondence please quote reference number 060/98AL.