[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Visiting Assistant Professor Position

Hello,

My Department at Kansas State University is searching for someone to fill
a two-year position as a Visiting Assistant Professor.  The position
starts mid-August, 1998; it requires approximately 40% commitment to research
duties and 60% commitment to teaching duties.

The advert for the position is listed below.

Of course, I would be pleased if someone who has interest in theory
and applications of programming languages would receive the position.
My department has an active group in this area;
members consist of myself (semantics and abstract interpretation),
Allen Stoughton (lambda calculus and intuitionistic logic),
Michael Huth (concurrency theory and model checking), Matthew Dwyer (data-flow
analysis and model checking), and John Hatcliff (partial evaluation).

If you would like further information about the position, please feel
free to contact me by email.

Regards,
David Schmidt
schmidt@cis.ksu.edu

KANSAS STATE UNIVERSITY
Visiting Assistant Professor Position
Department of Computing and Information Sciences

The Department of Computing and Information Sciences at Kansas State University
invites applications for a two year visiting assistant professor position
beginning in Fall 1998.  Applicants should have a PhD degree (or all but
dissertation defense) in computer science by the starting date of the
appointment; salary will be commensurate with qualifications.  Applicants must
be committed to both teaching and research. All areas of computer science will
be considered, but preference will be given to good teachers whose research
complements our existing research programs in programming languages, software
engineering, parallel & distributed systems, data/knowledge systems, and
computational science.  Applications must include descriptions of teaching and
research interests along with copies of representative publications. Non-U.S.
citizens must include visa status.

The department has a faculty of 17 and offers BS, MS, MSE, and PhD degrees.
Computing facilities center around a network of UNIX- and Solaris-based single-
and multi-processor Sun workstations, X-terminals, and PCs.  Details can be
found at the URL http://www.cis.ksu.edu/

Please send applications to Dr. Virgil Wallentine, Head, Department of
Computing and Information Sciences, 234 Nichols Hall, Kansas State University,
Manhattan, KS 66506 (email: virg@cis.ksu.edu).  Review of applications will
commence on May 15, 1998.  Applications will be accepted until position is
filled.

Kansas State University is an Affirmative Action Equal Opportunity Employer.