[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Course on Program Analysis: call-for-participation

                          ADVANCED  COURSE  ON

       P R I N C I P L E S   O F   P R O G R A M   A N A L Y S I S

                         9. - 13. November, 1998
                        Schloss Dagstuhl, Germany

LECTURERS:
   Flemming Nielson (Aarhus)
   Hanne Riis Nielson (Aarhus)
   Chris Hankin (London)

AIM: The course gives an overview of a number of key approaches to program
   analysis, all of which have a quite extensive literature, and shows that
   there is a large amount of commonality among the approaches. This should
   help in increasing the ability to choose the right approach for the task
   at hand and in exploiting insights developed in one approach to enhance
   the power of other approaches.

   More concretely, we will present the foundations of the four approaches
	- Data Flow Analysis,
	- Control Flow Analysis,
      	- Abstract Interpretation, and
	- Type and Effect Systems
   together with their main algorithmic techniques and applications in
   program transformations. The lectures will be supplemented by exercises
   and the presentation of program analysis tools; in particular, the PAG
   system (developed in Saarbrucken) will be presented.

AUDIENCE: The course aims at PhD students and young researchers who wish to
   deepen their knowledge of the field. The attendees will be expected to
   have some background in programming languages (semantics and/or
   implementation).

LECTURE MATERIAL: The course is based on a forthcoming book by the lecturers:
   a preliminary version will be provided for the participants; a free copy
   of the book is provided when available in 1999.

REGISTRATION: Registration is by email and the deadline is August 31st 1998.
   More details on: http://www.daimi.aau.dk/~hrn/dagstuhl.html

   The registration fee is DM 225 and covers teaching material, computer
   usage, access to the library etc. Additionally, room and full board is
   provided for DM 675.

GRANTS: Grants are available covering subsistence and travel costs. More
   details on: http://www.daimi.aau.dk/~hrn/dagstuhl.html

VENUE: The course will take place at Schloss Dagstuhl, an international
   conference and research center for Computer Science situated in the
   beautiful Saarland. The center can easily be reached by train from
   Frankfurt and Mainz (with connections to Frankfurt Airport and long
   distance trains) and from Saarbrucken (with connections to France).

SPONSORS: The course is supported by the TMR programme (the European
   Community), the CIT programme (Danish National Center for IT-Research)
   and the DART project (Danish Science Research Council).