PLI'03 Call for Workshop Proposals
Call for Workshop Proposals
August 25-29, 2003
The 2003 colloquia on Principles, Logics, and Implementations of High-Level
Programming Languages (PLI 2003) will be held in Uppsala, Sweden, on August
25-29, 2003. PLI 2003 is a federation of colloquia that includes ICFP 2003
(the ACM SIGPLAN International Conference on Functional Programming) and
PPDP 2003 (the ACM SIGPLAN International Conference on Principles and
Practice of Declarative Programming).
Proposals for workshops are invited for consideration ofACM SIGPLAN
sponsorship and affiliation with PLI 2003. Affiliated workshops will be
held in parallel with the ICFP and PPDP colloquia. The purpose of these
workshops is to provide a platform for presenting novel ideas in a less
formal and possibly more focused way than the conferences themselves. As
such, they also offer a good opportunity for young researchers to present
their work and to obtain feedback from an interested community. The format
of each workshop is to be determined by the organizers, but it is expected
that they contain ample time for general discussion. The preference is for
one-day workshops, but other schedules will also be considered.
Researchers and practitioners are invited to submit workshop proposals to
the PLI 2003 Workshop Chair, Peter Lee (firstname.lastname@example.org), NO LATER THAN
FEBRUARY 14, 2003. Submission may be made by e-mail (Postscript, PDF, or
ASCII) with "PLI03 Workshop Submission" in the subject header. Following
ACM SIGPLAN's sponsorship procedures, proposals must include:
1. The name of the workshop and the sponsoring conference, if any (ICFP,
PPDP, or neither).
2. A statement of goals for the workshop.
3. The names and addresses of the organizers.
4. The names of potential participants, such as program committee
5. A description of the plans for call for participation (e.g., call for
6. The expected number of attendees and the planned length of the
7. A description of the plans for publicity.
8. An explanation of any plans for a proceedings.
9. A description of past versions of the workshop, including dates,
organizers, submission and acceptance counts, attendance, sites,
registration fees and summary budget information.
10. The URL of the workshop web site.
Notification of acceptance will be made by March 7, 2003. Accepted
workshops will be sponsored by SIGPLAN (see
http://www.acm.org/sigplan/sigplan_workshop_proposal.htm for more
information). A committee chaired by the PLI 2003 Workshop Chair and
consisting of the ICFP and PPDP Program and Conference Chairs and the
SIGPLAN Executive Committee will evaluate all proposals.
The workshop selection committee members are:
- Peter Lee, Carnegie Mellon University
Workshop Chair for PLI 2003
- Dale Miller, INRIA/FUTURS and École Polytechnique
Program Chair for PPDP 2003
- Kostis Sagonas, Uppsala University
General Chair for PPDP 2003
- Zhong Shao, Yale University
Member of the SIGPLAN Executive Committee
- Olin Shivers, Georgia Institute of Technology
Program Chair for ICFP 2003
- Colin Runciman, University of York
General Chair for ICFP 2003
Any further information needed for preparing a workshop proposal can be
obtained by sending email to Peter Lee (email@example.com) or consulting the
PLI 2003 web site at http://www.it.uu.se/pli03, the ICFP 2003 web site at
http://www-users.cs.york.ac.uk/~colin/icfp2003.html, or the PPDP conference
series web site at http://pauillac.inria.fr/~fages/PPDP/.