ANN: X-Klaim & Klava ver 2

We would like to announce the release of the new versions of
X-Klaim and Klava, available from:

X-Klaim is a programming language, based on Klaim
that permits programming processes that communicate via
distributed tuple spaces and exchanging mobile code. X-Klaim
provides strong mobility for mobile agents and object-oriented
code mobility structured via mixin-based inheritance, according to
the philosophy of MoMi (Mobile Mixins) calculus
(http://music.dsi.unifi.it/papers/coord2002-mob-OO-code.ps.gz).  It is
also based on the new hierarchical model of Klaim
(http://music.dsi.unifi.it/papers/SAC02-open-nets.ps.gz), thus
client-server applications based on hierarchical nets can be
easily programmed.

Klava (http://music.dsi.unifi.it/papers/DRAFT-klava.ps.gz) is a Java
framework implementing the run-time system
for X-Klaim (indeed X-Klaim programs are compiled into Java
programs that use the Klava package).

By relying on Klava a programmer can either use Java to implement
mobile applications or X-Klaim that has higher level primitives.

The description of design and implementation of both Klava and X-Klaim
can be found in:

Linguistic Constructs for Object-Oriented Mobile Code Programming &
their Implementations,
Lorenzo Bettini
Tesi di Dottorato, Ciclo XIV, Dottorato in Logica e Informatica Teorica,
Dipartimento di Matematica, UniversitÓ di Siena, Febbraio 2003.

Other papers can be found here:

Best regards
	Lorenzo Bettini

|  Lorenzo Bettini          ICQ# lbetto, 16080134     |
|  PhD in Computer Science                            |
|  Dip. Sistemi e Informatica, Univ. di Firenze       |
|  Tel +39 055 4796741, Fax +39 055 4796730           |
|  Florence - Italy         (GNU/Linux User # 158233) |
|  Home Page        : http://www.lorenzobettini.it    |
|  http://music.dsi.unifi.it         XKlaim language  |
|  http://www.lorenzobettini.it/purple    Cover Band  |
|  http://www.gnu.org/software/src-highlite           |