yifeiy at cis dot upenn dot edu
Levine 565, 3330 Walnut ST
Philadelphia, PA, 19104
I am a Ph.D. student in Computer and Information Science department at
University of Pennsylvania.
I am honored to have Professor Rajeev Alur
and Boon Thau Loo as my advisors.
Currently I am working on building intuitive high-level programming languages and abstractions
aimed at simplifying programming computer networks. Before joining the Ph.D. program,
I did my undergraduate at
Tsinghua University, where I received a B.E. (2010)
in computer science.
is a scenario-based programming tool for SDN Policies.
network operators to program network policies by describing
example behaviors in representative scenarios.
Given the scenarios, NetEgg automatically
synthesizes a program
implementing the policy, including inferring state to be maintained, rules
to update the state and process network events.
NetEgg also automates the process of inferring flowtable rule updates
from the policy and installing flowtable rules to switches.
- Scenario-based Programming for SDN Policies. [pdf] [ppt]
Yifei Yuan, Dong Lin, Rajeev Alur, Boon Thau Loo.
In 11th Conference on emerging Networking EXperiments and Technologies
One of 5 papers nominated for the best paper award.
- NetEgg: Programming network policies by examples.
Yifei Yuan, Rajeev Alur, Boon Thau Loo.
In Thirteenth ACM Workshop on Hot Topics in Networks
- An Adaptable Rule Placement for Software Defined Networks.
Shuyuan Zhang, Franjo Ivancic, Cristian Lumezanu, Yifei Yuan, Aarti Gupta, Sharad Malik.
In 44th Annual IEEE/IFIP International Conference on Dependable Systems and Networks, 2014
- Generating consistent updates for software-defined network configurations.
Yifei Yuan, Franjo Ivancic, Cristian Lumezanu, Shuyuan Zhang, Aarti Gupta.
ACM SIGCOMM Workshop on Hot Topics in Software Defined Networking
- On the feasibility of automation for bandwidth allocation problems in data centers.
Yifei Yuan, Anduo Wang, Rajeev Alur, and Boon Thau Loo.
In 13th International Conference on Formal Methods in Computer-Aided Design, 2013
- Regular functions and cost register automata.
Rajeev Alur, Loris D’Antoni, Jyotirmoy V Deshmukh, Mukund Raghothaman, and Yifei Yuan.
In 28th Annual Symposium on Logic in Computer Science, 2013
- On the complexity of shortest path problems on discounted cost graphs.
Rajeev Alur, Sampath Kannan, Kevin Tian, and Yifei Yuan.
In Language and Automata Theory and Applications, 2013
- Influence maximization in social networks when negative opinions may emerge and propagate.
Wei Chen, Alex Collins, Rachel Cummings, Te Ke, Zhenming Liu, David Rincon, Xiaorui Sun, Yajun Wang, Wei Wei, and Yifei Yuan.
In 11th SIAM International Conference on Data Mining, 2011
- Scalable influence maximization in social networks under the linear threshold model.
Wei Chen, Yifei Yuan, and Li Zhang.
In 10th IEEE International Conference on Data Mining, 2010