Research Expertise: Computational Linguistics
Mark studies the across several areas of linguistics, including phonology and phonetics of lexical tone, and its relationship to intonation; gestural, prosodic, morphological and syntactic ways of marking focus, and their use in discourse; formal models for linguistic annotation; and information retrieval and information extraction from text.
- Enhancement and analysis of conversational speech: JSALT 2017, Ryanta, N. | Bergelson, E. | Church, K. | Cristia, A. | Du, J. | Ganapathy, S. | Khudanpur, S. | Kowalski, D. | Krishnamoorthy, M. | Kulshreshta, R. | Liberman, M. | Lu, Y.-D. | Maciejewski, M. | Metze, F. | Profant, J. | Sun, L. | Tsao, Y. | Yu, Z., ICASSP, IEEE International Conference on Acoustics, Speech and Signal Processing - Proceedings, 2018
- Chinese TIMIT: A TIMIT-like corpus of Standard Chinese, Yuan, J. | Ding, H. | Liao, S. | Zhan, Y. | Liberman, M., 2017 20th Conference of the Oriental Chapter of International Committee for Coordination and Standardization of Speech Databases and Assessment Techniques, O-COCOSDA 2017, 2018
- Information structure and prosodic prominence: how does sentence final particle affect cantonese intonation?, Zhang, H. | Liberman, M. | Lee, T., Proceedings of the International Conference on Speech Prosody, 2018
- Validated automatic speech biomarkers in primary progressive aphasia, Nevler, N. | Ash, S. | Irwin, D.J. | Liberman, M. | Grossman, M., Annals of Clinical and Translational Neurology, 2018
- GiobalTimit: Acoustic-phonetic datasets for the world's languages, Chanchaochai, N. | Cieri, C. | Debrah, J. | Ding, H. | Jiang, Y. | Liao, S. | Liberman, M. | Wright, J. | Yuan, J. | Zhan, J. | Zhan, Y., Proceedings of the Annual Conference of the International Speech Communication Association, INTERSPEECH, 2018