Research Expertise: Computational Linguistics
Mark studies the across several areas of linguistics, including phonology and phonetics of lexical tone, and its relationship to intonation; gestural, prosodic, morphological and syntactic ways of marking focus, and their use in discourse; formal models for linguistic annotation; and information retrieval and information extraction from text.
- Corpus Phonetics, Liberman, M.Y., Annual Review of Linguistics, 2019
- The Impossibility of Language Acquisition (and How They Do It), Gleitman, L.R. | Liberman, M.Y. | McLemore, C.A. | Partee, B.H., Annual Review of Linguistics, 2019
- Introducing NIEUW: Novel incentives and workflows for eliciting linguistic data, Cieri, C. | Fiumara, J. | Liberman, M. | Callison-Burch, C. | Wright, J., LREC 2018 - 11th International Conference on Language Resources and Evaluation, 2019
- Validated automatic speech biomarkers in primary progressive aphasia, Nevler, N. | Ash, S. | Irwin, D.J. | Liberman, M. | Grossman, M., Annals of Clinical and Translational Neurology, 2019
- From 'solved problems' to new challenges: A report on LDC activities, Cieri, C. | Liberman, M. | Strassel, S. | DiPersio, D. | Wright, J. | Mazzucchi, A. | Fiumara, J., LREC 2018 - 11th International Conference on Language Resources and Evaluation, 2019