Honors and Awards: Guggenheim Fellow - 2010, Ellison Fellow Senior Scholar in Aging - 2010
Junhyong studies the evolution and mechanisms of molecular control in bio-generative processes. In particular, his group is interested in the architecture of the control processes, investigating the kind of control logic used, and how that architecture modulates evolutionary dynamics. Most of Junhyong's work involves mammalian neurons and yeasts as model systems. His group uses both experimental and theoretical approaches to these problems. Current projects include localization of mRNA neurons, cell remodeling, evolution of the transciptome in yeast, evolution of functional RNAs, and reconstructing the Tree of Life.
PhD 1992 - SUNY at Stoney Brook
- Single-Cell Profiling Reveals Sex, Lineage, and Regional Diversity in the Mouse Kidney, Ransick, A. | Lindström, N.O. | Liu, J. | Zhu, Q. | Guo, J.-J. | Alvarado, G.F. | Kim, A.D. | Black, H.G. | Kim, J. | McMahon, A.P., Developmental Cell, 2019
- Control of cytokinesis by β-adrenergic receptors indicates an approach for regulating cardiomyocyte endowment, Liu, H. | Zhang, C.-H. | Ammanamanchi, N. | Suresh, S. | Lewarchik, C. | Rao, K. | Uys, G.M. | Han, L. | Abrial, M. | Yimlamai, D. | Ganapathy, B. | Guillermier, C. | Chen, N. | Khaladkar, M. | Spaethling, J. | Eberwine, J.H. | Kim, J. | Walsh, S. | Choudhury, S. | Little, K. | Francis, K. | Sharma, M. | Viegas, M. | Bais, A. | Kostka, D. | Ding, J. | Bar-Joseph, Z. | Wu, Y. | Yechoor, V. | Moulik, M. | Johnson, J. | Weinberg, J. | Reyes-Múgica, M. | Steinhauser, M.L. | Kühn, B., Science Translational Medicine, 2019
- Understanding the kidney one cell at a time, Park, J. | Liu, C.L. | Kim, J. | Susztak, K., Kidney International, 2019
- A lineage-resolved molecular atlas of C. Elegans embryogenesis at single-cell resolution, Packer, J.S. | Zhu, Q. | Huynh, C. | Sivaramakrishnan, P. | Preston, E. | Dueck, H. | Stefanik, D. | Tan, K. | Trapnell, C. | Kim, J. | Waterston, R.H. | Murray, J.I., Science, 2019
- Comprehensive catalog of dendritically localized mRNA isoforms from sub-cellular sequencing of single mouse neurons, Middleton, S.A. | Eberwine, J. | Kim, J., BMC Biology, 2019