Honors and Awards: Guggenheim Fellow - 2010, Ellison Fellow Senior Scholar in Aging - 2010
Junhyong studies the evolution and mechanisms of molecular control in bio-generative processes. In particular, his group is interested in the architecture of the control processes, investigating the kind of control logic used, and how that architecture modulates evolutionary dynamics. Most of Junhyong's work involves mammalian neurons and yeasts as model systems. His group uses both experimental and theoretical approaches to these problems. Current projects include localization of mRNA neurons, cell remodeling, evolution of the transciptome in yeast, evolution of functional RNAs, and reconstructing the Tree of Life.
PhD 1992 - SUNY at Stoney Brook
- Exosomal PD-L1 contributes to immunosuppression and is associated with anti-PD-1 response, Chen, G. | Huang, A.C. | Zhang, W. | Zhang, G. | Wu, M. | Xu, W. | Yu, Z. | Yang, J. | Wang, B. | Sun, H. | Xia, H. | Man, Q. | Zhong, W. | Antelo, L.F. | Wu, B. | Xiong, X. | Liu, X. | Guan, L. | Li, T. | Liu, S. | Yang, R. | Lu, Y. | Dong, L. | McGettigan, S. | Somasundaram, R. | Radhakrishnan, R. | Mills, G. | Lu, Y. | Kim, J. | Chen, Y.H. | Dong, H. | Zhao, Y. | Karakousis, G.C. | Mitchell, T.C. | Schuchter, L.M. | Herlyn, M. | Wherry, E.J. | Xu, X. | Guo, W., Nature, 2018
- MiRNA profiling of magnetic nanopore-isolated extracellular vesicles for the diagnosis of pancreatic cancer, Ko, J. | Bhagwat, N. | Black, T. | Yee, S.S. | Na, Y.-J. | Fisher, S. | Kim, J. | Carpenter, E.L. | Stanger, B.Z. | Issadore, D., Cancer Research, 2018
- Moldable Perfluoropolyether-Polyethylene Glycol Networks with Tunable Wettability and Solvent Resistance for Rapid Prototyping of Droplet Microfluidics, Jeong, H.-H. | Han, S.H. | Yadavali, S. | Kim, J. | Issadore, D. | Lee, D., Chemistry of Materials, 2018
- Rare Cell Detection by Single-Cell RNA Sequencing as Guided by Single-Molecule RNA FISH, Torre, E. | Dueck, H. | Shaffer, S. | Gospocic, J. | Gupte, R. | Bonasio, R. | Kim, J. | Murray, J. | Raj, A., Cell Systems, 2018
- Discovering similar workflows via provenance clustering: A case study, Alawini, A. | Chen, L. | Davidson, S. | Fisher, S. | Kim, J., Lecture Notes in Computer Science (including subseries Lecture Notes in Artificial Intelligence and Lecture Notes in Bioinformatics), 2018