Honors and Awards: S. Reid Warren Award for Distinguished Teaching - 2004, Ford Motor Company Award for Faculty Advising - 2003
John's research areas include the biological and health effects of pollution, wastewater treatment, water resources engineering, environmental impact assessment, and hazardous materials in the environment. Recent research efforts include assessment and selection of waste heat utilization technologies focusing on steam electric power facilities; an analysis of water resources in selected countries of the Middle East; development of single sludge wastewater treatment technologies; production and control of landfill leachates; development of expert systems for remediation of hazardous waste sites.
- Performance of anaerobic reactors during pseudo-steady-state operation, Farhan, M.H. | Chin-Hong, P.H. | Keenan, J.D. | Shieh, W.K., Journal of Chemical Technology and Biotechnology, 1997
- Spatial price equilibrium analysis of market-based incentives to abate nonpoint source agricultural nutrient pollution, Norman, Marc E. | Keenan, John D. | Harker, Patrick T., Journal of Environmental Systems, 1995
- WASTE TREATMENT AND METHANE PRODUCTION USING THE ANAEROBIC FLUIDIZED BED SYSTEM., Shieh, Wen K. | Keenan, John D. | Li, Chun T., Proceedings of Mid-Atlantic Industrial Waste Conference, 1985
- Monitoring aerated lagoon performance, Eischen, G.W. | Keenan, J.D., Journal of the Water Pollution Control Federation, 1985
- Measurement of watershed phosphorus: A review, Hegemann, D.A. | Keenan, J.D., Toxicological & Environmental Chemistry, 1985