Questions about Academics
All students should declare a major no later than then end of their first year.
The BSE is a professional engineering degree. The BAS is a degree for students planning careers in fields other than engineering for which a strong foundation in technology is highly desired.
Yes. In fact, approximately 22 percent of Penn Engineering undergraduates pursue dual degree programs with the College, Wharton, or Nursing. In addition to regular dual degree options, certain “coordinated dual degree” programs have been established, leading to two bachelor’s degrees. These include the following, and students may apply for entry after the first year of study at Penn:
- The Jerome Fisher Program in Management & Technology (M&T)
- Computer and Cognitive Science: Artificial Intelligence
- Vagelos Integrated Program in Energy Research (VIPER)
- Penn Law
- The Wharton School (for those in M&T or doing a dual degree with Wharton)
- Dental Medicine
- Veterinary Medicine
- Social Work
- Fine Arts, City Planning, and Architecture
- Nursing (for those in the Nursing and Technology program)
Questions about Admissions