This homework is designed to give you basic experience with using
the OCaml language, including recursion and lists.
- If you have not already done so in lab, follow the
OCaml Setup instructions
- Visit the CIS 120 course in codio and select the "hw 01:
OCaml Finger Exercises" project.
- Open the file intro.ml and follow the directions to
complete the homework assignment.
TIP: All of the homework is in
intro.ml. You do not need to look at or edit any other file.
- Once you are finished, be sure to submit
We have created an FAQ answering the most common questions for this assignment. This can be found
STYLE FEEDBACK: After
submitting your homework, you must make an appointment with one of
your recitation TAs to get feedback about your coding style. This
meeting counts towards your class participation grade.
Future assignments will count style as part of the homework grade.
- There are 100 points possible on this assignment.
- You may submit without penalty up to 5 times.
- Each extra submission costs you 5 points.
- Late submissions less than 24 hours overdue cost you 10 points.
- Late submissions between 24 and 48 hours overdue cost you 20 points.
- Submissions will not be accepted more than 48 hours past the
NOTE: Codio is the supported IDE platform for CIS 120 and you are strongly
encouraged to use it.
If you would prefer to use another editor or coding environment, see our OCaml
Setup instructions for suggestions. The Moore lab computers are already
all set up except for switching to the OCaml perspective in
Eclipse. (Window » Open Perspective » Other... »
- Download hw01.zip and unpack it to a
- Follow our Project
Setup Instructions to import the files into a new Eclipse
OCaml project. You should also follow the directions for creating
and running the executable.