This course meets Thursdays from 3:00pm to 4:30pm. Location Towne 307.
- Web browser internals, the Document Object Model (DOM), jQuery, HTTP requests
- Webkit developer tools & JS debugging
- MV* frameworks (Backbone.js, ReactJS)
- Client-side app architecture, modular JS development & best practices
- Server-side app architecture (with ExpressJS), middleware, and RESTful API design
- Browser extensions
- CIS 120 or equivalent (or permission of instructor).
- Some knowledge of HTML/CSS (if you don't meet this requirement, you are expected to pick up the basics on your own with online resources like Codecademy and Mozilla Developer Network).
Please note that the code style grade is additive, not subtractive; if you do not complete a homework, you will not receive 5 style points for ‘making no errors,’ but rather 0 style points for writing no code at all.
You have two free late days to use throughout the course. After this, late submissions will be docked 20% for every day late. Additional extensions will only be granted in truly extenuating circumstances.
If a submission doesn't run (i.e. has syntax errors), we will not be lenient -- you will likely receive zero credit. Please start assignments early and use office hours to your advantage.
See the course syllabus for more detailed policies and grading info.