For this project, Claire Brundage and I manufactured chocolate molds. We wanted to do something fun and functional, designing a mold with four unique shapes. We started with urethane casting to prototype our mold. The urethane casting helped us better understand mold flow and find airtraps in our geometry. The urethane parts also gave us a chance to test our product. We learned a lot about how the final mold would be used and problematic geometry, leading us to tweak our design before going to injection molding. We machined aluminum tooling to use with the Morgan Press. We injected with polyethylene because it is flexible and food safe. Once we go the press set up, we were able to quickly manufacture 10 identical chocolate molds.