- All Known Implementing Classes:
- public interface PTBAttribute
An attribute asscoiated with a PTBTreeNode. The
following attributes may be present:
For non trace terminals only the "type" and "raw" attributes will
be present, and they have the same values, and the same is
true of POS tags. Other nodes can have any of the attributes. Index
and role attributes will occur only if present.
- QName: "type" which is the constituent label. E.g. S, NP, VP,
NN (on a preterminal), John (on a terminal)
- QName: "roles" which is a hyphen separated list of roles
associated with the node. Examples of roles are SBJ for subject
TPC for topic etc.
- QName: "movementIndex" - A badly named attribute. If present it
gives an index associated with a node. In most cases it
indicates movement of an item, in which case, there will be a trace
terminal with the same movementIndex. But it is also used in the first
coordinate in a gapping structure. For example John ate chicken and
Bill peas. The NPs John and chicken will have a movementIndices 1 and 2 resply.,
and the NPs Bill and peas will have gapIndices 1 and 2 resply.
QName: "gapIndex" - as mentioned above. Associated with nodes (not in the
first coordinate in a gapping structure).
- QName: "raw" - the raw unprocessed label. Eg. S, S-NOM-SBJ, S-TPC=2-3
(2 is the gapIndex, and 3 is the movementIndex).
public java.lang.String ptbGetNamespaceURI()
- The namespaceURI of the attribute.
public java.lang.String ptbGetLocalName()
- The local name of the attribute
public java.lang.String ptbGetPrefix()
- The prefix associated with the namespace URI
public java.lang.String ptbGetQName()
- The qualified name of the attribute
public java.lang.String ptbGetValue()
- The value of the attribute
public PTBTreeNode ptbGetOwnerNode()
- The PTBTreeNode with which this attribute is associated