[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Seminar announcement

   Date: Fri, 3 Jun 88 13:01:25 edt
   From: Jon Riecke <riecke@theory.lcs.mit.edu>
   Subject: Seminar announcement
   To: attend-types@theory.lcs.mit.edu, tobias@larch.lcs.mit.edu,
	   attend-logic@theory.lcs.mit.edu

		       *****SEMINAR ANNOUNCEMENT****

   This past Wednesday, we began discussing the recent work of Luke Ong
   on the "lazy" lambda calculus.  There seems to be enough interest in
   discussing more papers this summer, so we propose to have an informal
   occasional seminar at MIT.  Some possible topics:
	 1. Plotkin's partial function models and his metalanguage for
	    denotational semantics;
	 2. ML type inference;
	 3. Moggi's thesis;
	 4. Other recent work in semantics or type theory.
   The first meeting (maybe two) will be spent finishing Ong's paper;
   people can still join the current discussion quite easily.

   We propose Tuesday or Thursday afternoons as a meeting time, since
   Wednesdays seem to be a bad time for many people.  (The seminar
   will meet intermittently, given the usual slate of conferences and
   vacations.)  If you are interested, please send e-mail to either
   of us with times you CANNOT come, and topics you would like to discuss
   and/or present.

   --Jon Riecke and Bard Bloom
     riecke@theory.lcs.mit.edu, bard@theory.lcs.mit.edu

I'm hoping to run a seminar this summer on semantics-directed compiling.  I
don't know how much overlap there is in the expected audience (beyond me...).
Let's try to avoid a time conflict.  I have not yet started to organize this
summer's schedule, but right now we are meeting on Wednesdays.

Sorry about the late reply. --Mitch

FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO HAVE BEEN ATTENDING MY SEMINAR:

Please send me preferences for days &/or times for meeting this summer.  I am
hoping to cover some literature on semantics-directed compiling, etc.
Next meeting is next Wed 7/15, 100-400 in Room 008 Cullinane.  At that time
we will talk more about summer schedule.  --Mitch