[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Game semantics as continuation passing

The following is available by anonymous ftp on the site

ftp://ftp.dcs.qmw.ac.uk/pub/lfp/pbl/mfcs.ps

Game Semantics as Continuation Passing (extended abstract)

We show that the game semantics of Hyland, Ong and Nickau and related
game semantics factorize via continuation-passing style (CPS)
transforms. We provide a comparatively simple game semantics for a
typed language $\Sigma \neg$-calculus that can be seen as the target
of these transforms.  This elucidates some key concepts of game
semantics. We see that the role of \emph{pointers between moves} is to
indicate the time of receipt of the continuation being thrown
to. \emph{Arenas} are seen to be type normal forms in
$\Sigma\neg$-calculus.

--
Paul Blain Levy, Department of Computer Science,
Queen Mary and Westfield College, LONDON E1 4NS