[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Grad positions available

The Logic Team at the Math Department of the University of Ottawa
announces that it anticipates having one or more openings in its graduate
program beginning in September. These would be at either the Master's
or Ph. D. level, and would come with funding in the form of tuition
and an additional stipend.

The team is run by Phil Scott and Rick Blute, and specializes in the
following areas:

-linear logic
-categorical logic and proof theory
-category theory, especially monoidal categories
-logic and foundations of computer science

We have close affiliations with the University of Ottawa School of
Information Technology and Engineering,  as well as the Category
Theory Research Centre in Montreal, and our students have many
opportunities to interact with the members of these institutions.

The Math Department at the University of Ottawa has a wide range
of research interests and provides an excellent environment
for graduate study. Students here also have the advantage of living in one
of the most beautiful cities in Canada, and the national capital.

For further information, please visit our website at
www.science.uottawa.ca/mathstat, or contact Rick Blute at
rblute@mathstat.uottawa.ca or Phil Scott at phil@mathstat.uottawa.ca.