[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Associate Professorship in Logic in Computer Science, Aarhus, DK

UNIVERSITY OF AARHUS

DEPARTMENT OF COMPUTER SCIENCE

A tenured position as associate professor in the area of Logic in Computer
Science, i.e. computational logic in a broad sense, is available at the
Department of Computer Science, starting August 1, 2000. Ideally we seek
applicants who as well as exhibiting a broad and impressive knowledge of
Logic applicable in Computer Science, are able to support and encourage
Logic on a broad front within the department. As a minimum requirement,
applicants must have documented scientific qualifications within the area
(equivalent to a PhD plus at least 2-3 years additional research and
teaching).

The Department conducts research and teaching in theoretical as well as
experimental computer science. The staff is close to 200 people, including
25 full or associate professors, and 50 PhD students. The number of M.Sc.
students is approximately 500. The position is intended to strengthen the
Department's existing research group in Theoretical Computer Science, and
will be associated with Research Centre BRICS (http:www.brics.dk/).

Applicants must submit a curriculum vitae, a description of scientific
accomplishments, future research plans and participation in research
programmes, a description of  teaching experience, a list of publications
(all in 4 copies), and 3 copies of publications  to be considered in the
evaluation.

The Faculty refers  to the Ministerial Order No. 650 of 31.8.1998 on the
appointment of  teaching and research staff at the universities under the
Ministry of Research and Information Technology.

Applications should be addressed to The Faculty of Science, University of
Aarhus, Ny Munkegade, Building 520, DK-8000 Aarhus C, Denmark, and marked
212/5-189

The deadline for receipt of all applications is May 10, 2000, at 12,00.

For more information, please contact the head of the department Kurt Jensen
(e-mail: kjensen@daimi.au.dk. Phone: +45 8942 5612) or consult the Web
pages: http://www.daimi.au.dk/

Karen K. Møller   | Dept. of Computer Science  | karenkm@daimi.au.dk
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~   | University of Aarhus       | Phone:  +45 8942 3188